incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [AOO 3.4 Test Plan Discussion]Overview
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:58:14 GMT
Hi,

> 3) Platforms that do not have enough volunteers to complete the test
> plan would not have official Apache releases.  Or if we had releases,
> they would be called "experimental" or some other name to indicate
> that they were not fully tested.

test cases should be separated into UI tests and into functional tests
because UI test cases are needed to have some kind of get well plan (or
release test) for localized releases and functional tests to go into the
deep functionality of newly implemented features and to assure the
quality of new code commits to existent functionality. In the past
localized OpenOffice.org builds were mostly released by their respective
native language teams after the "un-localized" en-US build has been
released after finishing the functional QA.
Localization tests for releases are important to assure that localized
builds do not crash what may happen in case resource files have build
errors like to have a turned bit in a resource file - an error that
cannot be found in an functional test that is mostly done within an
en-US build.

btw.

In the past OpenOffice.org had a lot more platform builds released like

Linux_HPPA (deb)
Linux_IA64 (rpm)
Linux_PPC (rpm)
Linux_S390X (rpm)