incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [CODE]: 118605 remove epm?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:25:43 GMT
On 22.11.2011 11:57, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> I stumbled over problems using a downloaded epm 4.2
> (http://www.epmhome.org), build and install it on a Fedora 16 system
> (rpm based).
>
> The epm call failed to build the rpm packages. It seems that epm
> triggers /bin/rpm with some parameters that are not accepted. I don't
> understand why at the moment.

/bin/rpm on a recent Fedora can not build packages, it can only do the
things necessary on a running system: install etc.; there is an extra
package "rpm-build" with a /usr/bin/rpmbuild program that is used to build
packages.

IIRC i once changed configure to complain if you have a /bin/rpm that
cannot build and no rpmbuild, perhaps that check bitrotted...

[ i have no idea why we use a "patched" epm, or whether an unpatched epm
would work ]

regards,
 michael