incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: view overlay manager
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:11:26 GMT
	Hi eric,

On 22.11.2011 10:58, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still diff'ing 3.2.x and 3.3.+ source, code, I'm analysing the new view
> overlay manager. Can someone tell me who implemented it (sd) ?
>
> Probably Andre or Armin ?

Yes, from me, but it's not so new. It allows to have an 'overlay' on the
edit views so that you can show/hide interaction objects (all kinds,
e.g. the green markers, but also whole SdrObjects during interaction)
quickly. There is a buffering and non-buffering implementation, only the
buffering obne does use extra VDevs to achieve cheap repaints.

It is also used for the new transparent cursors in Writer and Calc, for
example. Another side effect is that all paints foir the edit views are
buffered now which e.g. for Writer made much old code to avoid flicker
obsolete (and avoids flicker completely). It also speeded up repaints
(also e.g. Writer) remarkably.

Both effects (buffering and fast overlay repaints) are configurable
using the registry, so less capable systems can switch all that off for
less memory footprint.

HTH!

> Thanks in advance,
> Eric Bachard