incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:48:27 GMT
	Hi eric,

On 21.11.2011 14:26, eric b wrote:
> Hi Armin,
>
> Le 21 nov. 11 à 13:14, Armin a écrit :

[..]

>> Interesting point. It may be useful to grep own cwses, or releases.
>> Thus something like
>>
>> /cws/alg/svgreplacement
>> /cws/alg/...
>> /cws/someonelse/...
>> /dev/aoo340
>> /dev/aoo350
>>
>> would be nice. Comments, anyone?
>>

> Sorry for my dumb question, but how things will work when several devs
> will work together on one feature ?

Just work together on /cws/alg/svgreplacement after (in this example) I
have created it. The branch is practically not exclusively modifyable by
be, it will just be a convention to only work on branches/cwses together
after being somewhat invited, IMHO.

> Also, what about use the cws name first, then the Apache id ?

I would prefer cws first, this will give a less crowded
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ which is a dood thing
from my POV. This makes all cwses appear in cws, thus you will not have
to scan all names in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ for
what you are looking. In former developent we had somewhat of 150-200
cwses open, thus i would definitely prefer them to be in an own path,
and even add the developers name to it.

Thus, in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ where you will
naturally look for orientation you will have something like

cws
dev
experiment

but not a list of 150-200 branches in the works.

> Could give :
>
> /cws/svgreplacement/alg
> /cws/svgreplacement/another_contributor

This would mean that another_contributor is not joining to work on
svgreplacement, but has branched it to do his own things with it.
Possible, but hopefully never needed :-)

> Please be gentle if I was plain wrong :-)
>

> Regards,
> Eric

sincerely,
	Armin