incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:27:17 GMT
	Hi *,

to keep all of you up to date, I'm making good progress with the planned
svg replacement with an own interpreter. Due to the IP clearance process
I have now prepared an early patch to disable the current svg stuff to
get forward. It removes a bunch of gpl/lgpl'ed libs which need to go
anyways.

Need to go here means: No longer in our own repro, but on systems where
possible available as system libraries. Thus, this patch removes the
libraries from our repository/from ext_sources to no longer need them
there, but actively touches just that current svg functionality.

The libraries are:
librsvg, libcroco, libgsf, gdk-pixbuf, glib, gettext and pango.

I'll keep you up to date with the current svg replacement I am working
on. I can import things like tiger and tux, but also all examples of the
SVG spec 1.1, thus svg gradients and text on curve as well (no, please
do not discuss about the usefulness of this here, it's in there and
needs to be supported :-)). It should be a matter of weeks to a first
usable, comittable version...

Sincerely,
	Armin

On 13.10.2011 19:41, Armin Le Grand wrote:
> Hi Dave,

[..]
--
ALG