incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <liu...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Anybody interested in TestTool? I wrote a Java lib to replace it.
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 02:29:09 GMT

Hi all,

Vcl TestTool is used by GUI automated testing for OpenOffice.org, but it
has many drawbacks. Too many errors, difficult to debug, maintain and
execute parallelly. I found many people mentioned this problem. Libreoffice
has abondoned the tool. But I think GUI automated testing still is
valuable. It can test the product more like the actual users.
I has been working for long time on automated testing in Symphony project.
I wrote a Java lib which can connect to the automation (automation module
in source code) server in openoffice process and do GUI automated testing.
The lib can be integrated with JUnit or other Java testing framework.
Anybody interested in the lib? I can contribute it to community.
Suggestion is welcome.
PS, I am a newbie here. :-)

Thanks.

- Liu Zhe