incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Shutdown of openoffice.org email forwarder: How to notify users
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 05:44:50 GMT
I don't see this email from Louis in my email at all. (I wonder)

It has nothing to do with the forwarders. He is asking about what Rob and Kay are working
on with the MLs.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Email+Migration+Post

Regards,
Dave

suggested alternatives at ooo-*@ i.a.o lists.

> There has not been a comparable effort to notify the holders of myname@ openoffice.org
accounts that those accounts will soon cease to function as mail-forwarding accounts.

> I think that one such avenue for such announcements is the currently-active lists@ openoffice.org,
but perhaps with a simpler message that addresses demise of those forwarding accounts specifically?

> There's a different message that applies to the use of myname@ openoffice.org as a CC
or submitter or project-member identifier in Bugzilla.  There are probably others.  All that
needs to be sorted out as well.  I prefer those cases to be dealt with separately as well.
 No need to confuse those not impacted by those cases.