incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 06:30:58 GMT
Le 11 nov. 11 à 11:27, Armin Le Grand a écrit :

> 	Hi *,

Hi Armin,

> to keep all of you up to date, I'm making good progress with the
> planned svg replacement with an own interpreter.

You mean you are implementing native svg inside OOo ?

> Due to the IP clearance process I have now prepared an early patch
> to disable the current svg stuff to get forward. It removes a bunch
> of gpl/lgpl'ed libs which need to go anyways.
>
> Need to go here means: No longer in our own repro, but on systems
> where possible available as system libraries. Thus, this patch
> removes the libraries from our repository/from ext_sources to no
> longer need them there, but actively touches just that current svg
> functionality.
>
> The libraries are:
> librsvg, libcroco, libgsf, gdk-pixbuf, glib, gettext and pango.

Ok.

> I'll keep you up to date with the current svg replacement I am
> working on. I can import things like tiger and tux, but also all
> examples of the SVG spec 1.1, thus svg gradients and text on curve
> as well (no, please do not discuss about the usefulness of this
> here, it's in there and needs to be supported :-)). It should be a
> matter of weeks to a first usable, comittable version...

Sorry for the long latency answer, but please note that if you need a
tester for your experimental code, I can review it and/or have a
look, and build on any OS (just tell me the exact goal/frame for the
build you need)

Thank you very much for your impressive work !

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə