incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for retirement of openoffice.org email forwarder
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:49:33 GMT

On 22 Nov 2011, at 00:02, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2011, at 9:41 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:
>>
>> Is Andrew also able to arrange for all the @openoffice.org addresses Oracle has on
record to receive a one-time termination-of-service e-mail sent to them pointing to the blog
post and wiki page? If he is able to arrange that, I suggest adding it to your step 1.

> Andrew also indicated that there will no full blast from Oracle.

Do you have a pointer to a message asserting that please, Dave? All I can find is a message
in October[1] asserting that the list won't be made available to Apache, not one stating that
Oracle itself refuses to send an e-mail informing users that the mail service is shutting
down.

Thanks!

S.
(who is catching up with the Apache backlog)

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/browser