incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: OOo site standard CSS
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:17:14 GMT

On Oct 31, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> Another CSS issue this time with the standard behaviors of certain tags.
> Since the core css affects all the other projects, making modifications on
> the CSS could give unpredictable behaviors on the rest of the site.
>
> I would suggest to use target specific tags like classes or IDs for the
> tags needed to target.
>
> I think that  having a css that targets body { background-color: black; }
> would result on many projects being broken.
>
> right now I specifically have this issue with the dl and dd tags and their
> 'block' behavior.

Can you be more specific. I would take the tack that it makes sense to change css/ooo.css
if it conflicts with a project.

But first check if there were implications on the main page, the download page and then ask.

> I could fix them by wrapping them within their div and canceling out these
> rules, but I rather have a more generic and standard CSS at the core of the
> site.

Recently I changed ooo.css - s/poweredby/poweredbya/g and then the skeleton's footer.

For ja just now I modified ja/stylesheets/style.css removing specific tags related to the
kenai wrapping of content into a table column. Other than some URL changes that seemed to
be all that was required.

Regards,
Dave