incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject [WWW][Policy] Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:18:39 GMT
Hi All,

There are several parts to the migration of openoffice.org website. One area that needs attention
is rewriting contributing.openoffice.org to fit ASF and AOO policies. (Policies may need to
be written and discussed.)

On the current main www.openoffice.org page, contributing is accessed from the fifth button
- "I want to participate in OpenOffice.org"

Volunteers are needed to take leadership of and contribute to this rewrite. Any committer
can do this work.

I suggest that a directory be created within the podling site called "contributing". Within
that directory there should be an index.mdtext and as many subpages as required. Once completed,
I can do an svn copy or move to the ooo-site tree.

The reason I suggest doing the work on the podling site is due to hidden overhead when using
the Apache CMS Bookmarklet. Each user does a complete checkout of a site's tree. The podling
site is small and the ooo-site is very huge. Using the podling site will be much more satisfying
for volunteers.

HTH, but I also have a full time job...

Regards,
Dave