incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Can we update our migration status table?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 04:48:15 GMT

On Nov 27, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> If you recall, this is the site that we are pointing users to for the
> current status of the migration effort:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice.org+Migration+Status
>
> A few things that seem wrong:
>
> 1) Why are we saying "no consensus" for the extension and template
> sites?  That makes it sound like we're having a discussion and we
> don't yet agree on how to handle these sites.  But isn't the truth
> more like we all agree to do nothing for the short term, but continue
> having this hosted by OSL?   Does anyone disagree that this is the
> plan?  (Psst.  If no one disagrees with that, then we have consensus)

I modified the status to that no one has come through to volunteer to improve this.

I guess you have a plan. Should you elaborate.

I'll note that despite letting people know numerous times, I have been the only person who
has reported otages to support@osusol.org.

> 2) EIS, TCM, QUASTe, QATrack, Registration, Product improvement and
> Crash Reporter --- does anyone disagree that the plan is that those
> sites are gone and are not coming back?  Instead of "No decision yet",
> are there any objections to me changing these to give a final status
> of "Will not migrate"?
>

> If there are any other updates, please edit the wiki.

I changed the MirrorBrain row to make it clear that this issue only effects the legacy OOo
downloads. All AOO releases will be on the Apache Mirror system.

Perhaps download.services.openoffice.org is one way that AOO can team up with TOOo?

Regards,
Dave