incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:01:06 GMT
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Considering how repulsive ooo-dev is for folks who are not developers, I don't
> think piling onto ooo-dev is providing a service in this case.  ooo-user might
> work, though.  But neither are inviting for folks who are specifically
> interested in the documentation and would subscribe to such a list.  I would
> expect traffic on ooo-documentation to be comparable to that for
> ooo-marketing.

We're talking about what authors@documentation.openoffice.org would
forward to.  We could forward it to devil@satan.apache.org and the
user would not know it.  They only see what they send an email to:
authors@documentation.openoffice.org.

If someone wants to subscribe to a list to work with the project, then
the place to start is ooo-dev.  If a sufficient number of them (far
more than zero) say they need a list to work on documentation, then
they can make that proposal.