incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:23:01 GMT
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> TJ,
>
> I am not entirely comfortable having authors@documentation.openoffice.org (the correct
list), and maybe the other forward to a non-Apache location, though I think it would be valuable
to support the authors@ d.oo.o address.

> An intermediate solution would be to create ooo-documentation @i.a.o now (it looks like
there is at least one willing moderator already) and forward to that.  The ODFAuthors could
certainly subscribe to that.   The footer provided on ooo-documentation list forwardings
could even include a link to a wiki page description of other places to discuss documentation,
provide feedback, contribute documents, reviews and edits, etc.

Rather than creating another list on speculation that it might get
sufficient traffic, could we just forward the legacy address to
ooo-dev?  If it ends up generating sufficient traffic then it will be
easy enough to create a dedicated list for it.  But I'm not in favor
of creating a new list for it at this point.

-Rob