incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we update our migration status table?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:47:45 GMT
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> If you recall, this is the site that we are pointing users to for the
>> current status of the migration effort:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice.org+Migration+Status
>>
>> A few things that seem wrong:
>>
>> 1) Why are we saying "no consensus" for the extension and template
>> sites?  That makes it sound like we're having a discussion and we
>> don't yet agree on how to handle these sites.  But isn't the truth
>> more like we all agree to do nothing for the short term, but continue
>> having this hosted by OSL?   Does anyone disagree that this is the
>> plan?  (Psst.  If no one disagrees with that, then we have consensus)
>
> I modified the status to that no one has come through to volunteer to improve this.
>
> I guess you have a plan. Should you elaborate.
>
> I'll note that despite letting people know numerous times, I have been the only person
who has reported otages to support@osusol.org.

The intro to that page says: "The following is a high-level summary of
the migration of content and services of www.openoffice.org from
Oracle-hosted to Apache-hosted infrastructure."

Since the extensions and template pages are not hosted by Oracle,
there is no need to migrate them to Apache.  So an accurate status
summary would say that.  "No consensus" or "No volunteers have come
forward", taken in the context of the page, gives the false impression
that these sites are currently at risj of not being migrated off of
Oracle servers.

I understand that the OSL hosting is not currently stable, and that
will only improve if we can find a Drupel expert to help, or find an
alternative solution, but that is not a migration issue.

-Rob

>> 2) EIS, TCM, QUASTe, QATrack, Registration, Product improvement and
>> Crash Reporter --- does anyone disagree that the plan is that those
>> sites are gone and are not coming back?  Instead of "No decision yet",
>> are there any objections to me changing these to give a final status
>> of "Will not migrate"?
>>

>> If there are any other updates, please edit the wiki.
>
> I changed the MirrorBrain row to make it clear that this issue only effects the legacy
OOo downloads. All AOO releases will be on the Apache Mirror system.