incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Business models that will not work [was: Re: Can we update our migration status table?]
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:15:19 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> FWIW;
>
> I think a central site for hosting AOO extensions would be
> welcome. It would be fine to have such a site sponsored
> by donations and web publicity, and offering a share of
> technical support and commercial extensions would be
> fine too.

Compare, for example, Apache Maven with Sonatype's Maven Central.
This is similar to AOO and Extensions.

This is a good example also because it shows how to treat trademarks:

On the bottom of the page they say "Apache and Apache Maven are
trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. Maven Central is a
service mark of Sonatype, Inc. Maven Central is intended to complement
Apache Maven and should not be confused with Apache Maven. Copyright
©2011 Sonatype, Inc."

http://search.maven.org/