incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 15:31:53 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> If every post on this thread is being cross-posted to two lists, why is it being conducted
on two lists?  All it does is expose the prospect of the thread forking between the two lists
and turning into a tangled mess.  It also forces anyone who is keen on this topic to read
both lists to make sure that eventuality is forestalled.
> I recommend that a single list be chosen for continuation.

My intent was to have the discussion on ooo-marketing.  I was just
notifying ooo-dev on the proposed terms and timing of the discussion.
I will start a new [DISCUSS] thread on only ooo-marketing and will
send a cc to ooo-dev when the [VOTE] thread kicks off as well.  Sorry
if this caused confusion.  You can stop cross posting now.

> At present, instead of providing shelter of the ooo-marketing list from the clutter on
ooo-dev, this is either adding clutter to ooo-dev or it really needs to be a [DISCUSS] there.
>  - Dennis E. Hamilton
>   tools for document interoperability,  <>
>  gsm: +1-206-779-9430  @orcmid

View raw message