incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 02:54:08 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> HI Dennis,
>
> +1. We'll need to include a feedback@documentation.openoffice.org in the migration plan.

Where the did feedback@documentation.openoffice.org come from?

The documentation lists are here:
http://openoffice.org/projects/documentation/lists

I don't see any "feedback" list.  And from what I can tell, the legacy
doc sets requested feedback to be sent to
dev@documentation.openoffice.org

In any case, we should remember that the SYMPA lists are overrun with
spam.  Ask any moderator of these lists.  Forwarding that spam to
another list would be very unkind, especially since the target list
would have no ability to unsubscribe the spammers,  Neither would be.
You can see what that would lead to over time...

The best we might be able to do is send back a stock bounce notice for
incoming emails, with an explanation of the move to apache and a link
to a wiki page that shows where the common services and lists can now
be found.    That would catch this case as well as any others.

-Rob