incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oooforum.org
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 01:12:17 GMT
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Where are the rights by which the ASF (including the Apache OO PPMC) is entitled to capture
the oooforum.org content?  And even were it somehow legally acceptable, I don't see how it
fits with ASF policy.

No one has proposed this, Dennis.  I think post people on this list
are familiar with what copyright is.  We don't need a lecture on it.

> Even were the domain transferred to ASF (and I have mislaid the list), grabbing the content
is a different story.  oooforum.org is not one of the openoffice.org web properties the way
that the OpenOffice.org Community Forums are.

Obviously, this could only be done with permission of the rights own.
I have not heard anyone suggest otherwise.

> The OpenOffice.org Community Forums have already been ported to ASF Hosting.  I don't
see how oooforum.org is in that category.

It isn't.  And again I have heard no one sugges tit was.

> Am I the only one who is confused about talk that oooforum.org is somehow available to
the Apache OpenOffice project?

Evidently.