incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Trademark and Brand
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:18:58 GMT
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> As promised, here's the ballot. Choose one, cast your vote.  If none of
> them get more than 50% of the binding votes, we will start a ballot for the
> top two contenders.

As promised?!  When did you promise a vote on this?

I sought lazy consensus on a method to answer these questions.  I did
this in a proposal sent to the list on October 31st.  The proposal
called for *2 weeks* of discussion.  This was intentionally a longer
than normal period in order to try to get consensus.  It was also
designed to go beyond ApacheCon so everyone could participate freely
in the discussion and the vote.

There were no objections to this proposal for.  So the vote should be
not vote on this until November 14th, as stated in the proposal:

http://markmail.org/message/ucz4e2ztjn34zy6x

So I don't see why you've  decided to rush the vote through earlier
than we agreed to (via lazy consensus) previously.

-Rob