incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hunspell dictionaries are not just words lists (+ other matters)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:20:04 GMT
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Olivier R. <olivier.noreply@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 07/11/2011 16:53, Rob Weir a écrit :
>
>> Why would Apache care about that?
>
> Maybe just because you are an Apache member and you make a strong statement
> on an Apache list about FLOSS you are willing to bundle in your software.
> I’d prefer an official statement about this point, if you don’t mind.

I think it would be obvious to a cabbage that no one is going to
recognize copyright claims on things that cannot be validly claimed
under copyright law.  It is also clear that the determination of this
for any specific artifact, like a specific spell checking dictionary
would require detailed analysis.  Since Apache does not hand out free
legal advice, I don't think you will get an official response to your
hypothetical question.

-Rob