incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Piracy - Fwd: [documentation-dev] look this please
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:32:26 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:23 AM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Anybody know who pursues pirates like this? --/tj/

In what sense is this "faked"?   OOo is open source, so redistributing
copies of it is permitted.

What would be bad is if someone created a modified version of OOo and
then confused users by calling it "OpenOffice.org".  There was an
organization that was rebuilding OOo installs and bundling in all
sorts of bloatware.  The LGPL  license allows this, but the use of the
OOo trademark would be a problem,  Do we know if this site is doing
that?  Anyone have a Windows machine they can "sacrifice" to see what
this software really is?

-Rob