incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Trademark and Brand
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:09:51 GMT
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> Note: yes, you should explicitly email trademarks@ if you have a specific
> brand question that needs a direct answer.  Thanks.
>

> On 2011-11-29 8:58 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> In case it was not clear, we're waiting for a "go-ahead" from Shane
>> before taking the rebranding to the next step, e.g. updating website,
>> revising the logo, communicating the change, etc.
>

> +1, Apache OpenOffice is the perfect name for the podling.
>
> Have folks thought about a final logo yet?  (Note: that's not at all
> required, I'm just curious - and am wondering how to make a smooth looking
> logo including the "Apache" with the gulls)

Not yet.  Wanted to make sure the name was OK first.

A fun way to get a logo is to have a logo contest and vote on the
submissions.  I suspect that Apache cannot provide a prize ("We don't
pay for developers") but would there be an issue with the PPMC voting
on logos and designating a person to receive a 3rd party provided
prize?

One idea, blending Apache and birds, is to consider the role of the
roadrunner in Apache folklore:

http://www.impurplehawk.com/folklore6.html

Truly, "The Apache Way"

-Rob