incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject (Draft) Email forwarding public announcement
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:12:05 GMT
Note this is draft. But I'd like to see if I'm heading in the right direction.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/%28Draft%29+Public+Statement+on+Email+Forwarding

The idea would be to put this up on the blog, out to the mailing
lists, prominently linked from home page of podling and OOo websites,
and spread the word through social networks.

But not yet.  This is still draft.

I've thrown in the shut off date as January 31st, 2012.  This has not
been discussed, so consider that to be just a placeholder for now.
(Again, this is just draft).

Some specific points that could use more detail include project
services (lists, wikis, Bugzilla, etc.) that would be very commonly
used with openoffice.org email addresses.  I think I listed them all.

But can you think of others?

Also, if anyone knows what we should recommend for BZ and Wiki
accounts, feel free to fill in those details, either on the list or
directly on the wiki.

The other parts to this, if you recall, are:

1) Working with Infra@ on a bounce notification.  I have not started
this beyond some vigorous arm waving.

2) A wiki page that the bounce notification would point to, showing
the mapping of the various utility and mailing list addresses.  I
think we can recycle information already on the wiki page dealing with
the list migration.

3) Ideally, translation of the above, once finalized, into major user languages.

And obviously it will be easier to coordinate this if we can agree on
a date for retiring the forwarding service.  We're currently
out-of-policy with this, though I think no one wants to just pull the
plug without fair notice to users.

-Rob