incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:25:59 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> -1 to a [VOTE] conducted on the ooo-marketing list if it is expected to be a binding
agreement of the project.

> That would require the PPMC to all subscribe and it would require anyone who is concerned
with only this issue to subscribe here.

Incorrect, as you know.  You can send a note to ooo-marketing, even
without subscribing.  You know that.  In fact you did this a few hours
ago.

Let's put the process pedantry back in the cage.  It is not helpful.

-Rob

> There is one place to "speak to the PPMC" in public, and it is ooo-dev.
>
>  - Dennis

conducted on two lists?  All it does is expose the prospect of the thread forking between
the two lists and turning into a tangled mess.  It also forces anyone who is keen on this
topic to read both lists to make sure that eventuality is forestalled.

>> I recommend that a single list be chosen for continuation.
>>

> My intent was to have the discussion on ooo-marketing.  I was just
> notifying ooo-dev on the proposed terms and timing of the discussion.
> I will start a new [DISCUSS] thread on only ooo-marketing and will
> send a cc to ooo-dev when the [VOTE] thread kicks off as well.  Sorry
> if this caused confusion.  You can stop cross posting now.
>
> -Rob
>

>> At present, instead of providing shelter of the ooo-marketing list from the clutter
on ooo-dev, this is either adding clutter to ooo-dev or it really needs to be a [DISCUSS]
there.