incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:20:38 GMT
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Kay Schenk <> wrote:
> +1...all good, and something we had discussed early on.
> However, as I work on porting legacy info over, I am wondering what to do
> about the more "developer" centered areas of the site: api, sc, sw,
> framework, external (? -- I need to look at this one), tools,porting, and
> many others that are not really "user centered". I will load these into the
> ooo-site tree, but at some point, someone on the "developer" side should
> really cull this out and move them to the "developer" side so we don't
> continually deal with these areas on the "user portal".

I'd recommend not moving content around too much at first.  There is a
lot we can do to craft the user experience based on what links we
include (or remove).  For example, the developer centered pages on can stay there for now.  But we can then have links to
them from the dev section of the podling's "development" page.

Of course, over time content may move around.

View raw message