incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:29:40 GMT
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2011, at 12:13, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>  and Simon, people who were not
>> part of this process.  To their outside and highly political view,
>
> Hey Rob,
>
> While it's good for the way you characterise me privately to finally be made crystal
clear in public, please note that I have been a participant and contributor here from the
very beginning, have no affiliation to declare beyond being part of both the AOOo and TDF
discussions as a volunteer and thus find your characterisation as offensive as it is incorrect.

Simon, If I have caused you any offense then I hope you will accept my
humble apologies.    I did not intent to suggest that you have not
participated on this mailing list, or indeed contributed in the role
of list moderator for ooo-dev, helping keep the spam level down to a
minimum for the 1 or 2 spam messages that SpamAssasin misses each
month.  My point was that you are not involved in even the slightest
way with the ooo-security list, the securityteam list, or with
reporting, analyzing, fixing or communicating information about
security vulnerabilities.   A healthy project should take into strong
account the opinions and preferences of those actually doing the
security work.

-Rob