incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Piracy - Fwd: [documentation-dev] look this please
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:25:18 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:23 AM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Anybody know who pursues pirates like this? --/tj/

Found a variant of this URL:

http://galleries.secure-softwaremanager.com/82469bc3bc/854191c9b918/?affid=1343

This version was the main link promoted by a "Download OpenOffice"
Facebook page that was around for a while, but is now gone ;-)

I've seen similar links sent as spam via Twitter.

Note the "affid" parameter in the URL.  This suggests that not only is
someone creating adulterated version of OpenOffice bloated with
adware, but they are promoting this via a network of affiliates.  This
is like the Hydra with the hundred heads.

-Rob