incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:18:13 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>> Rob speaketh,
>>
>>   ... let's admit that almost all of the 500,000 openoffice.org
>>   addresses are unused or were created by spammers and have zero
>>   relevancy to the project.
>>
>> So, what is "almost all" of 500,000, and how can it be determined?  How many
>> are left?
>>

> If you run a report on the BZ instance you see only 8700 or so unique
> ID's have ever been used for submitting defects.  So 83% of the
> 500,000 ID's are irrelevant from the perspective of BZ.  Maybe the
> remaining 420,000 users are furiously editing the wiki, but somehow I
> doubt that as well.

It was reported off list that my calculation was in error.  I lost a
digit some place.  8746 accounts have submitted issues in Bugzilla.
So given the claimed 500,000 openoffice.org email addresses that have
been assigned, that means that 99.99% of them are not involved in
reporting defects in BZ.  I know that the figure 99.99% sounds like
hyperbole, but do the math yourself.