incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Source Code Sponsor of OOo
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:03:03 GMT
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Thomas Horn
<thomas.leo.horn@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've read on http://teamopenoffice.org/en/become-a-partner.html that
> you could become a "Source Code Sponsor" with your named displayed in
> OpenOffice.org 3.4 by paying EUR 5000.
>
> Do you really thinks that this is a good idea? I think that will lower
> the neutrality of the Apache Foundation as I before wasn't under the
> impression that you could buy yourself into Apache software.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for letting us know about this.  "Team OpenOffice" is not
affiliated with Apache or the Apache OpenOffice project.   Your note
confirms that this is confusing, and indicates that we should be more
diligent in ensuring that the OpenOffice.org trademark is not abused
by 3rd parties.

Regards,

-Rob