incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:13:12 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 11/1/11, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Questions for the BZ, Forums and MWiki. Is there a way for
>> people registered in those systems with an @OOo email to
>> change their address without losing their content?
>>

> I won't miss what I never had, but ...
>
> For BZ it's easy to change the email address. Just go to
> Preferences --> Account information.

So is there any way to solve a more constrained problem?  In other
words, let's admit that almost all of the 500,000 openoffice.org
addresses are unused or were created by spammers and have zero
relevancy to the project.

Instead, we could look at all new BZ issues created in the last year,
all forum and wiki members who have logged in in the last year, and
all ooo-* list members.  From those lists, get the list of all those
with openoffice.org addresses.  Send them a note saying that the
forwarding service is going away.  Tell them how to reset their email
address in the tools.  On top of that put a prominent notice on the
wiki, forums and website to catch any users we might have missed.

-Rob