incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re:
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:08:43 GMT
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<> wrote:
> I suspect Louis was talking about the Community Forums that are already
hosted on Apache.

The thread is titled "".  That's what we're talking about
about.  If you think you are talking about something else, then maybe
start a new thread.

> Since oooforums has never been hosted by Sun/Oracle, it is a bit dicey how some sort
of merger might happen and why.

I listed the reasons why this could be a good idea.  Since is also running phBB, the technical side of a merger does
not seem beyond the realm of possibility.

> On the other hand, neither OO.o Community and oooforums have a German Language forum.
 That is at aka also has a wiki
and other European language coverage too (Danish and Czech seem to be operating and not covered
by OO.o Community Forums).
> Some degree of informal Federation and cross-communication might be possible.  Consolidation
seems rather premature and such an offer might even be viewed as hostile.

I assuming we would not be talking to idiots.  Offering to work
together should even be taken as a hostile action.  It is entirely
pro-community and pro-user.

View raw message