incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL (17th+18th Nov. 2011)
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 12:49:18 GMT
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to let you know that I will attend the ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL next
> week [1], [2].
> As an active member of the OASIS ODF TC (since Dec. 2006) and a long-term
> developer of (since July 2002) I was attending the ODF
> Plugfest since it got started in 2009 - I have missed the one in Berlin in
> July this year due to my vacation with my family.
> At the former events I have shared/discuss/present my view on the work at
> the OASIS ODF TC and about the work which is going on in the
> project regarding ODF. I also represented Sun/Oracle and its products around
> ODF. See [3] for details.
> For the ODF Plugfest next week I am planning to give somehow a status update
> of our Apache project (incubating) from my point of view.
> Something like:
> - developers are working on the code for an "IP cleared" milestone
> - status of the migration as found at [4]
> - ...
> Any objections to do so?

I think it is perfectly fine to share *facts* about the project and to
encourage interested parties to join.  But we need to be careful about
opinions and predictions.  You can have personal opinions, or even IBM
opinions, but you have no officialAOOo project-authorized opinions or
predictions unless it is discussed here first.

I think everyone will want to know, "When will we see the first Apache
release of OpenOffice?"  Everyone wants to know this.  I think we all
have our opinions on this.  I personally think it will be in January.
But this is not something that the project has explicitly agreed to as
a goal.

> Any further information which I can and should share on this event?
> Here, I want to ask Dave and Don directly for input as they are/were in
> Vancouver presenting/discussing our project ;-)

Maybe some mention also of the Apache ODF Toolkit, which is also under

> Are there other project members attending the ODF Plugfest in Gouda?
> If yes, it would be a great opportunity to get in touch personally as
> members of the same project.
> Best regards, Oliver.
> [1]
> [2]