incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]+[VOTE] Trademark and Branding
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:07:37 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> That was not my intention, Rob.  I had no idea there was discussion at
> <http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45224>.
> All I provided was a notice.

Yes, I understand.  That is why I said, "Although it had the best
intentions...".  We agreed that we would try to keep the forum
volunteers in the loop on discussions that were relevant to them.  You
did that.  I have no problems with that.

My point was that these volunteers, by not posting on ooo-dev, shut
themselves out of the debate.  They are grumbling about their votes
not counting.  I think they should be more concerned about their views
not being heard because their self-imposed exclusion from the larger
project discussions on ooo-dev.  A vote is just a vote.  It is worth
little.   But having a well-argued point of view posted in the right
place, that is worth much.

-Rob