incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: Bugzilla default owners
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 13:49:40 GMT
2011/11/18 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> Currently we have for all bug categories default owners. Most often this
> owners are not longer active on the project and it doesn't really make sense
> to have them as default owner. And the old *@openoffice.org email address is
> used.

Yes, we need to change this.  Today we just received our first
complaint from someone getting this notifications who is not involved
with the project.

> Proposal
> - set all default owner (Assigned to) to "none", "needs confirmation" or
> whatever default we agree on

if we just set the default owners to "none", is it easy for someone to
then go and "claim" an issue to take ownership of it?   That might be
the easiest solution.

And having "unowned" issues is good for another reason.  It shows new
project members areas where they can step in and help.

Who has rights to do these updates in Bugzilla?  (Maybe we need more
BZ administrators?)

-Rob