incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OOo Business...
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:39:54 GMT
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2011, at 2:05 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>
>> Rob,
>>

>> On 10 November 2011 16:09, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Could we use Bugzilla for this?  Even if the interface is too geeky
>>> for the requester, any of us could quickly transcribe the request into
>>> a new issue for tracking and workflow.
>>
>> Let's follow Don's and Dave's suggestions and then go from there. But
>> to answer your query: sure…. but imagine standing under a hot shower:
>> nice. Then imagine standing under a waterfall, say the Victoria Falls.
>>
>> Not nice.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Anything that places a human agent, especially unpaid, in the role of
>> doing something tedious but also important like this day in and day
>> out risks too much. It is better to take our experience seriously and
>> implement, as much as possible, vetted automagical tools that
>> nevertheless allow us room to scrutinize.
>
> If this truly is a fire hose of requests then it probably needs its own list which can
examined from time to time and then followed up on.

I'd like to see a little this rumored "fire house" before we take the
step of creating a dedicated list for it.  My guess is there are few
requests that actually require permission and many others that merely
require that we point to FAQ.

ooo-marketing might be the right list to steer the requests to for
now.  This would be appropriate because many of the co-marketing
opportunities, e.g., a new AOOo-derived product might be linked to on
our site, along with other derivatives.  Books and other things might
also get links.

-Rob