incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anybody interested in TestTool? I wrote a Java lib to replace it.
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:03:45 GMT
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> Welcome newbie!
>
> I think there is definite interest in GUI testing via a Java library.

I like Java over BASIC, certainly.  And the idea of integrating the
GUI tests into JUnit sounds very interesting.  But unless there is any
easy way to convert the existing Testtool scripts into Java, and
someone volunteering to do this, this doesn't help with the short-term
goals of testing the 3.4 code.  But it could be very interesting
longer term.

> Since the library drives automation in the openoffice process, it might be thought of
as an extension.  Is that your thinking?

> (I am thinking where it could be kept in the Apache project structure.)
>
> For contribution, there are a couple of steps to take.
>
> First, for this substantial work, an iCLA is required from you.  Links to the iCLA can
be found here: <http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>.  The iCLA document includes
instructions for where to send it.  Some of your co-workers who have done this already.

Hmmm.... if this was written as an employee, then the employer would
own the copyright, yes?  So an SGA would be required.  And an iCLA as
well for ongoing work on the component.

please send your messages to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org.