incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: content of the about dialog box
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:40:15 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti
<pescetti@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> So in total, maybe something like:
>> =========
>> Copyright © 2011 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
>
> I'm not sure about this. Is there any code that is under the Apache
> copyright? As far as I know, the copyright still belongs to Oracle and
> third-party contributors.

See:  http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

We (the PMC) create a work when we select collectively select what
patches to apply, etc.  Apache claims a copyright on that collective
work.  Remember, an OSS license is only enforceable by an entity that
owns the copyright.  So it is good that we claim this.

Oracle may have copyright on portions as well, as may others, but
those are noted in the NOTICE file.

-Rob