incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:14:10 GMT
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 07:13 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Remember, we had a securityteam mailing list already.  LO folks were
>> subscribed to it.
>
>        Sure that list @openoffice.org.
>
>        A ~random sub-set of TDF folks are subscribed to it. Requests to have
> an administrator for the TDF side to rectify it's composition have
> AFAICS been repeatedly ignored. eg. I am not subscribed there, and
> neither are some other of our security hackers. You were IIRC suddenly
> made an administrator of it despite (as far as I am aware) having never
> committed a security patch to the codebase.

So, let's review.  You were a member of the list.  You left the list.
This was entirely your decision.  You then complain that list is not
diverse enough because it has insufficient LibreOffice participants.
Like yourself.  Who just quit the list.

Patient Meeks:  Doctor, it hurts every time I hit myself on the head
with a hammer.

Doctor Phipps: Have you tried using a different hammer?

If you think that your absence from the list is a problem that should
be rectified, then maybe you shouldn't have quit the list.  Just a
thought.

For the record, no LO members have been denied access to the list, and
although SUSE employees appear to have left the list, the non-SUSE
LibreOffice members have remained, including one who is undeniably one
of the main LO security hackers.

-Rob