incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <>
Subject Re: Is it time for a build machine?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:12:56 GMT
Hi *,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Mathias Bauer <> wrote:
> On 15.11.2011 04:36, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Just wondering,
>> Perhaps the older OOo at SUN/Oracle also had some
>> setup for hudson/jenkins that we could reuse?
> No, unfortunately OOo never embraced continuous integration and all the
> other wonderful things you can build around it.

There have been both tinderbox as well as buildbot available and in
use in the OOo project.
Tinderbox did keep track of commits, did flag build-results as "dirty"
when there were commits after the last build started, and thus allowed
rebuilding when a cws was touched, and (some) buildbots were
autotriggered by watching the commit-mailinglist, so they as well did
built whenever the code was changed.
That the build-results have often been ignored by the corresponding
developers is a different story. But stating that there was no such
thing is, well, typical.

View raw message