incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 18:18:24 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> There are problems concerning migration of yourname@ openoffice.org, listname@
> openoffice.org, and servicename@ openoffice.org.  Consequently, all yourname@
> openoffice.org addresses will be shut down when the migration goes into its
> final stages sometime in November.

Then I'll say "good bye" already - when the alias vanishes, so does my
subscription to the OOo-related mailinglists. (not intended as a
blackmailing attempt or something like that, just a dry fact - I'm not
a registered member anyway, so you probably couldn't care less)

> [....]
>  4. WHAT'S NEEDED
>
>  A. There needs to be a clear-eyed discussion and understanding of the
> enormity (or inconsequentiality) of these accounts having their forwarding
> operation terminated on short notice.

You'll definitely loose some subscribers - whether they are
"important" for the future of the project is of course on another
plate, and as people need to subscribe tot different lists anyway, the
loss might be bigger because of having to resubscribe, than because of
loss of the alias. Bugzilla is more likely to be a problem, at least
you can dump all needmoreinfo issues filed in OOo-times, as requests
for more info will not be forwarded anymore, and thus you won't
receive a reply (too many people don't reply even when the mail
reaches them, so again not sure about the actual impact)

> [....]

ciao
Christian