incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tor Lillqvist <...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Hunspell dictionaries are not just words lists (+ other matters)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 06:45:02 GMT
> Unless you provide the spellchecking dictionaries that IBM uses and
> prove your point,

IBM might well think/realise that the spellchecking dictionaries their
products use are not protected by copyright. That doesn't mean Rob, or
some of IBM's customers, would have any right to redistribute them.
You seem to be thinking copyright is the only form of intellectual
property protection.

> But I bet you can't. As they are copyrighted.

Or because he has entered into a contract that forbids him.

(Obviously, I am not a lawyer, so the above is probably complete crack.)

--tml