incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]+[VOTE] Trademark and Branding
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 03:48:47 GMT
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com>wrote:

> We've had a lengthy discussion on ooo-marketing regarding trademark and
> branding considerations and options. It's time we moved forward and made a
> decision in order to expedite the ongoing migration of the web site and to
> remove one more obstacle from the dev team.
>
> We want to preserve and protect the historic OpenOffice.org trademark. The
> choice of an Apache name and new trademark will not impact the historic
>
> Since this is a major decision we felt it important to bring it back to
> ooo-dev for final discussion then vote. We have the choices presented on
> the wiki[1] for your reference.

I read the wiki and dont agree with the statement of .org was popular
before and not now. .Net and .Mac are other examples of the .XYZ use.

DotGnu and other projects also claim these trend which are by no means old
projects.

Not sure what is the base of saying this but I feel is very inaccurate.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol