incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:47:43 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> On Nov 1, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Sigh, forwarding aliases are simply rows in a
> > databasesomewhere.  At one point that database
> > was owned by Oracle, and they certainly can
> > transfer it's contents to us without any concerns
> > about privacy violations.  This has nothing to
> > do with mailing list subscriptions, which are
> > a completely separate issue.  If Oracle doesn't
> > transfer the forward data to us, they stop working
> > altogether, and no reasonable active users are expecting
> > that to happen.  OTOH I have no interest at all in
> > supporting the continued use of those forwarders
> > beyond their existence in legacy OOo applications,
> > and even there I'd like to see a reasonable and concerted
> > effort to phase them out completely over a significant
> > time period.
>
> I think most of us agree that we do not want to keep these @OOo forwarders
> around for very long.

I am sorry but most of my virtual life is wired to my @ooo account. Which I
by no means want to give up.

I wonder how many of this opinions are from people that have never used one
and have no problem thinking is not good acording to their world. For me it
would be similar to getting beheaded with a wooden knife.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol