incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:50:22 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rob and all,
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > And that is fine.   A trademark is for a particular category of
> > product.  The Japanese trademark is not for personal productivity
> > applications.  It is possible for the same name to be used in
> > different trademarks, if they are used for different things and they
> > would not cause confusion.
>
> I see.  Thanks.
>
> Now who will confuse "Apache OpenOffice" with "OpenOffice.org"?
>
> We will continue to show OpenOffice.org on the web site(s); the
product(s), etc. that are derived from the original contribution according
to Apache Software Foundation Trademark policy. Now that we have a decision
by majority ballot for 'Apache OpenOffice', the PPMC needs to follow the
recommendations as defined the ASF here.[1]

Look for a new topic on 'next steps' for this topic. It doesn't belong on
this thread.

[1]http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/responsibility.html

I will start