incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS]+[VOTE] Trademark and Branding
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 03:35:26 GMT
We've had a lengthy discussion on ooo-marketing regarding trademark and
branding considerations and options. It's time we moved forward and made a
decision in order to expedite the ongoing migration of the web site and to
remove one more obstacle from the dev team.

We want to preserve and protect the historic OpenOffice.org trademark. The
choice of an Apache name and new trademark will not impact the historic

Since this is a major decision we felt it important to bring it back to
ooo-dev for final discussion then vote. We have the choices presented on
the wiki[1] for your reference.

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**
Branding+Planning<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Branding+Planning>