incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:25:59 GMT
On 8 November 2011 19:23, Louis Suárez-Potts <lsuarezpotts@gmail.com> wrote:

> now the
> project's representative on all three ODF TCs at Oasis, as well as its
> representative to Software in the Public Interest.>

Louis,

Whilst I, as a mentor, welcome you contributions here I feel compelled
to point out that you are not the "project's representative on all
three ODF TCs at Oasis, as well as its representative to Software in
the Public Interest".

Only PPMC members who are active and engaged with the project in an
ongoing and constructive fashion can claim to be a part of the project
and, even then, they are not "representatives" of the project. They
are individuals who happen to have a *personal* opinion about the
project.

Occasionally the PPMC may appoint someone to speak for the project in
various forums. To my knowledge the OOo PPMC has not yet granted
approval for anyone to speak on the projects behalf.

Is this an important point? Probably not in the bigger scheme of
things. However, this is a podling learning how ASF projects work and
therefore, as a mentor, I feel compelled to point out that a signature
of this form is not appropriate in an Apache Project - regardless of
how constructive your contributions are.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)