incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Source Code Sponsor of OOo
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:08:11 GMT
2011/11/22 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> On 11/21/11 10:12 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> Alexandro started fixing the Spanish site, but there is more to do ...
>
> it would be interesting to know where the problem is and what the planned
> changes are. There are valid concerns about the page and i would really
> appreciate if Alexandro would describe what he want to change.
>
> Changing or removing a PayPal button can't be a big issue.
>
> I can't read Spanish and therefore i depend on a good explanation. But i
> would really appreciate if we as PPMC can agree on the content of all our
> pages or a least on a concept.
>
> I repeat myself that is the reason why i would prefer a common concept for
> all pages and move more individual language community pages into the wiki or
> somewhere else.

+1

I would have thought the best approach is for national language pages
to be translations of the English language pages with no significant
extra/different content.

That is not to say there can't be national language support groups
with their own materials. But, at least in this transition stage we
should focus on getting the core content defined and translated.

Ross