incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Non-Apache maintenance release for OOo 3.3?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:26:53 GMT
On Nov 19, 2011 5:22 AM, "Louis Suárez-Potts" <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> (Nonsense words? iPad's spellchecker.)
>
> -- Louis Suárez-Potts
>

> On 2011-11-18, at 16:42, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > I wouldn't even start considering a proposal from TOOo without changes
to their website where the ASF, Apache ownership of the OpenOffice.org
trademark and Apache OO doesn't exist. Where the whole OOo is in trouble if
people don't give TOOo donations.

> > This must change immediately.
>
> I also agree. I would like to propose that there be a formal system
whereby supporters of the Apache development (OO) can be authorised to use
the relevant trademarks, and also be required in exchange to refer to the
Apache OO effort.

There already is such a system and Team OOo have been aware of it for some
time. I, and others have been asking for a proposal under that system for
months.

There have been a couple of such requests that have been processed and
approved.

Ross