incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [code] main/dmake
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:36:45 GMT
On 15 November 2011 13:01, Andre Fischer <af@a-w-f.de> wrote:
> From what I read so far we have the following prerequisites:
>
> - The dmake source code has to be removed from the Apache SVN repository.

In order to graduate, yes. While in the interim you have time to work
on that removal.

> - The dmake source code is already present at at least two other places: at
> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/dmake/ (thanks to Pedro), and
> at LibreOffice.
>
> - It may be possible to have Apache host the code on one of its servers
> (that is not the main SVN repository)

The ASF does not host GPL code on any of its servers. GPL binaries
*might* be possible, it depends on the precise circumstances (see my
other mail reporting on the legal-discuss@ position on this).

> - In the configure or bootstrap script we can download and compile dmake but
> can not do that automatically.  The user has to specify this explicitly as
> an option to the configure script.

Yes.

> I propose the following way of how configure/bootstrap handle/provide a
> dmake executable:

As a mentor I have no opinion on the technical solution you adopt, as
long as it sticks within the ASF IP requirements.  For the record your
proposal sounds fine from an IP point of view, but I'd want another
mentor to agree, or for someone to take it to legal-discuss@

Ross